Privacy notice PDPA 2010
Hanson (“we”) recognize the trust you are placing in us through your dealings with us. We are fully committed to protecting the rights and privacy of you as individuals in accordance with the Malaysian Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”).
For the purpose of this Notice
- “Personal Data” is any information related directly or indirectly to an individual who is identified or identifiable from that information or from that and other information that we possess Hanson includes all companies within the Hanson Group of Companies in Malaysia as are more particularly set out in the Appendix attached hereto
- This Notice is relevant to you only if you are an individual
- Where a customer, supplier or business partner is a partnership or other unincorporated body of persons, the giving of this Privacy Notice addressed to the partnership or the unincorporated body of persons shall be deemed as notice given to all the partners or officebearers (as the case may be) of such customer, supplier or business partner whose data are collected and/or processed by us for the purposes as stated herein
- the expression “you”, “yours” or any other cognate word or expression of similar nature shall mean a customer, supplier or business partner
- the expression “we”, “ours” or any other cognate word or expression of similar nature shall mean Hanson
- “Processing” means collecting, recording, holding or storing your personal data or carrying out any operation or set of operations on your personal data
Data Protection Principles
This Notice is given in adherence to the seven (7) Data Protection Principles of the PDPA set out below:
- We shall not process your personal data unless you have given consent to the processing of your personal data
- We will notify you in writing of the lawful purposes for which your personal data is collected and whether it is obligatory that you provide your personal data
- We shall not disclose any of your personal data for any purpose other than the below stated purposes disclosed at the time of collection and shall not disclose the same to any third party without your consent
- We shall take practical steps to protect your personal data from any loss, misuse, modification, unauthorized or accidental access or disclosure, alteration or destruction
- We shall not keep your personal data longer than is necessary for the fulfillment of the lawful purposes to which it was obtained for
- We shall take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data is accurate and relevant only to the lawful purposes for which it was obtained
- We shall give you access to your own personal data held by us so that you are able to check and correct any inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or not up-to-date data
Why provision of personal data is obligatory on you
Unless we specifically inform you otherwise, provision of personal data is obligatory. Please note that in the event that personal data is not sufficient or is not satisfactory to Hanson, then your application or request to Hanson for any of the above purposes above may not be accepted or acted upon or we will not be able to provide the full range of benefits and/or services and/or perform our obligations under any potential or existing contract with you.
Sources of personal data
We may collect personal data:
- directly from you being our customer, supplier, employee, business partner, applicant etc. (e.g.
- over the phone or in documents such as an application form)
- from third parties (e.g. from our subsidiaries, credit reporting agencies, representatives, etc.)
- from publicly available sources
- from other organizations identified under the next paragraph about the disclosing of data
Third parties to who we may disclose personal data
Privacy is very important and therefore we only disclose personal information to third parties in certain limited circumstances. These disclosures will be made subject to appropriate privacy and confidentiality protections.
The organizations to which we usually disclose information include:
- our subsidiaries and related bodies corporate
- outsourced service providers, including those who manage our:
- mailing systems
- billing and debt-recovery functions
- marketing, logistics and information technology functions
- data entry requirements
- government and regulatory authorities and other organizations, as required or authorized by law
- credit-reporting and fraud-checking agencies
- other credit providers for credit related purposes such as credit-worthiness and financing
- our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers
- representatives (e.g. legal advisers)
Due to the global nature of our business, Hanson may transfer your personal data to other members of the Hanson Group and/or the HeidelbergCement Group (which may be located in other countries) or to any parties located in other countries (including countries that have a different data protection regime).
Any personal data transferred shall however be used for the purposes and only to parties set out above.
Storage and retention of personal data
Your personal data will be stored either in hard copies in Hanson’s offices or stored electronically in servers located in or outside Malaysia and operated by Hanson or its service providers in or outside Malaysia.
Any personal data provided by you will be retained by Hanson as long as necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes stated above or as it is required to satisfy any legal, regulatory and/or accounting requirements or to protect Hanson's interests.
Right of access to personal data
Under the PDPA you have the right to access your personal data held by Hanson and you may request Hanson to correct any of your personal data that is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date.
Enquiries about personal information
In case of enquiries (e.g. what personal information we hold, updates, corrections or deletions) the Hanson Malaysia Privacy Officer shall be contacted in writing:
Privacy Officer Hanson Malaysia
Wisma Consplant 1 (5th floor)
No 2 Jalan SS 16/4
47500 Subang Jaya, Malaysia
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to amend this Privacy Notice from time to time without prior notice.
Please check the Privacy Notice on our Hanson Malaysia website on a regular basis.
Thank you for your continuous support.
Hanson Malaysia Group of Companies